Learn How to Maintain Aerobic Fitness
Are you seeking to improve your own physical fitness? Or are you developing a career built on helping others to reach their fitness goals? Whatever your interest, this course will give you the understanding you need to design and deliver aerobic fitness courses that will meet your specific needs.
What the Course Covers
The 6 lessons include:
- Organising a Class
- Safety and Efficiency
- Managing the Workload
- Teaching Aerobic Activities
- Class Design
- Leadership and Participation
The following books, available through this web site are relevant supplementary reading for this course
- Aerobic Fitness by John Mason
- Aquafitness by John Mason
There are three basic types of assessment. Assessments are more than just a way of giving you a final result though! For us; these assessments are opportunities to revisit things you have studied; interact with our academic staff, and look at things from another perspective. Psychologists know that true learning requires revisiting what you learn. Through these assessments, your learning is strengthened and in doing so, your ability to retain and apply your learning after study is strengthened.
By giving you different types of assessment tasks, the ways in which you encounter information is varied. The three types of assessments are:
1. Self-assessment tests (SAT): These are presented during each lesson and are essentially an on-line quiz. These provide immediate results, so you are able to identify areas that require further work.
2. Assignments: These are undertaken at the end of each lesson and are designed to consolidate the lesson aim and the content.
3. Optional Final Exam: Upon successful completion of all the lessons, you are able to choose to sit a final exam. This can be sat at your convenience. There is an additional cost for this option. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive a formal transcript as proof of your results.
How Long Will This Course Take Me?
This course is flexible, allowing you to study at times that suit you. It is designed so that most students will take about 100 hours to complete it. What that looks like, is totally up to you.
Recognition and Ethics
This college is a member of the ACS Affiliates Network. These are Colleges that are located in offices around the world and are affiliated with each other through ACS Distance Education. Courses are developed with input from all the staff at these colleges, reflect internationally accepted standards and needs.
A strict “No Plagiarism” policy exists. Assignments are checked for plagiarism, and if plagiarism is detected, work will not be deemed to have been completed and will be penalised.
What Could This Course Do For You?
Help you to understand the fundamentals of aerobics and give you the confidence to run a class.