Understand Energy and Sustainable Energy Technologies
Alternative energy is a growth industry. As the world moves away from its former reliance on fossil fuels, there is a need to explore greener alternatives. With awareness of global warming influencing world targets for carbon emissions the race is on to develop systems of energy production from renewable resources. Along with these emerging technologies comes a raft of new employment opportunities.
This course assesses where our current energy industry is at, before delving into different types of energy systems. We review means of generating energy as well as storage. Study this course to place yourself at the forefront of this exciting industry in what promises to be an exciting decade ahead.
What this Course Covers
- Introduction: The Problems and the Energy Sources.
- Understanding Energy
- Generating Electricity
- Storage and Using Electricity
- Non-Electric Systems
- Energy Consumption
- Energy Conservation
- Converting to Alternative Systems
There are three basic types of assessment. Assessments are more than just a way of giving you a final result though! For us; these assessments are opportunities to revisit things you have studied; interact with our academic staff, and look at things from another perspective. Psychologists know that true learning requires revisiting what you learn. Through these assessments, your learning is strengthened and in doing so, your ability to retain and apply your learning after study is strengthened.
By giving you different types of assessment tasks, the ways in which you encounter information is varied. The three types of assessments are:
1. Self-assessment tests (SAT): These are presented during each lesson and are essentially an on-line quiz. These provide immediate results, so you are able to identify areas that require further work.
2. Assignments: These are undertaken at the end of each lesson and are designed to consolidate the lesson aim and the content.
3. Optional Final Exam: Upon successful completion of all the lessons, you are able to choose to sit a final exam. This can be sat at your convenience. There is an additional cost for this option. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive a formal transcript as proof of your results.
How Long Will You Take?
This course is flexible, allowing you to study at times that suit you. It is designed so that most students will take about 100 hours to complete it. What that looks like, is totally up to you.
Recognition and Ethics
This college is a member of the ACS Affiliates Network. These are Colleges that are located in offices around the world and are affiliated with each other through ACS Distance Education. Courses are developed with input from all the staff at these colleges, reflect internationally accepted standards and needs.
A strict “No Plagiarism” policy exists. Assignments are checked for plagiarism, and if plagiarism is detected, work will not be deemed to have been completed and will be penalised.
How This Course Could Help You
Whether you are an enthusiast who wishes to better understand alternative energy to make the most of what is on offer around your own home, or whether this is an industry which you can see yourself working in – this course has something to offer you.
Study this course by itself or as part of a certificate or higher level qualification in self sufficiency or environmental studies. Use this course as a stepping stone into the energy industry.