Learn how to become a Successful Business Coach
Business coaches have become highly sought after by businesses of all sizes. Coaches are able to address a wide array of business needs from individual staff coaching to helping management find alternative ways to improve the daily running of the business to enhance productivity and employee wellbeing.
Learn about the key roles of a business coach. Discover how to address the needs of businesses, different techniques for reviewing business failings, and how to get results through motivational strategies and incentives. This course culminates in a project where the student is able to put everything they have learned into action.
What the Course Covers
- Nature and Scope of Business Coaching
- The Initial Consultation
- Considering Alternative Actions
- Improving Productivity
- Building Better Staff
- Improving Resource Management
- Putting it all into Practice
The following books, available through this web site may be relevant supplementary reading for this course:
- Business Operations
- Professional Practice for Consultants
There are three basic types of assessment. Assessments are more than just a way of giving you a final result though! For us; these assessments are opportunities to revisit things you have studied; interact with our academic staff, and look at things from another perspective. Psychologists know that true learning requires revisiting what you learn. Through these assessments, your learning is strengthened and in doing so, your ability to retain and apply your learning after study is strengthened.
By giving you different types of assessment tasks, the ways in which you encounter information is varied. The three types of assessments are:
1. Self-assessment tests (SAT): These are presented during each lesson and are essentially an on-line quiz. These provide immediate results, so you are able to identify areas that require further work.
2. Assignments: These are undertaken at the end of each lesson and are designed to consolidate the lesson aim and the content.
3. Optional Final Exam: Upon successful completion of all the lessons, you are able to choose to sit a final exam. This can be sat at your convenience. There is an additional cost for this option. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive a formal transcript as proof of your results.
How Long Will You Take?
This course is flexible, allowing you to study at times that suit you. It is designed so that most students will take about 100 hours to complete it. What that looks like, is totally up to you.
Recognition and Ethics
This college is a member of the ACS Affiliates Network. These are Colleges that are located in offices around the world and are affiliated with each other through ACS Distance Education. Courses are developed with input from all the staff at these colleges, reflect internationally accepted standards and needs.
A strict “No Plagiarism” policy exists. Assignments are checked for plagiarism, and if plagiarism is detected, work will not be deemed to have been completed and will be penalised.
How This Course Could Help You
This course is useful to those who wish to advise others how to make the most of a business, large or small. Students who embark on this course come from a variety of backgrounds – business, health care, coaching, supervision. Use this course to expand you repertoire of skills and gain confidence in coaching whether as a self-employed consultant or an employee of a business.
This course may be studied by itself or along with other management or business subjects. Take it with life coaching to enhance your overall coaching skills or as part of a self designed certificate.