Learn to how to Plan your Business Better
All successful businesses have detailed planning as the fundamental part of their business operations. To succeed in business you must plan; businesses that plan tend not to fail.
This course is aimed at those that want to succeed in business and that understand that business planning is integral to that success. This is a great course for those starting out in business, for those taking over a business, or for employees to gain recognition and promotion.
What is Covered
There are eleven lessons in this module as follows:
- Introduction to business planning
- Focus and direction
- Legal and Administrative requirements
- Developing objectives and strategies
- Planning for growth
- Risk management and contingencies
- Marketing plans
- Operation plans
- Human resource plans
- Financial plans
The following books, available through this web site are relevant supplementary reading for this course
- Project Management
- Starting a Business
- Saving a Business
There are three basic types of assessment. Assessments are more than just a way of giving you a final result though! For us; these assessments are opportunities to revisit things you have studied; interact with our academic staff, and look at things from another perspective. Psychologists know that true learning requires revisiting what you learn. Through these assessments, your learning is strengthened and in doing so, your ability to retain and apply your learning after study is strengthened.
By giving you different types of assessment tasks, the ways in which you encounter information is varied. The three types of assessments are:
1. Self-assessment tests (SAT): These are presented during each lesson and are essentially an on-line quiz. These provide immediate results, so you are able to identify areas that require further work.
2. Assignments: These are undertaken at the end of each lesson and are designed to consolidate the lesson aim and the content.
3. Optional Final Exam: Upon successful completion of all the lessons, you are able to choose to sit a final exam. This can be sat at your convenience. There is an additional cost for this option. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive a formal transcript as proof of your results.
How Long Will You Take?
This course is flexible, allowing you to study at times that suit you. It is designed so that most students will take about 100 hours to complete it. What that looks like, is totally up to you.
Recognition and Ethics
This college is a member of the ACS Affiliates Network. These are Colleges that are located in offices around the world and are affiliated with each other through ACS Distance Education. Courses are developed with input from all the staff at these colleges, reflect internationally accepted standards and needs.
A strict “No Plagiarism” policy exists. Assignments are checked for plagiarism, and if plagiarism is detected, work will not be deemed to have been completed and will be penalised.
This course can help you to succeed in business it develops an understanding of business planning and how it is integral to that success. If you are starting out in business in business, taking over a business, or for employees to gain recognition and promotion.