Know how to Manage Money more Efficiently at home or in business.
Understand how money works; get a grasp on financial terminology; learn how to get better deals when borrowing, spending or investing.
What this Course Covers
There are ten lessons:
1. Financial Terminology
2. Planning and Managing Money
3. Borrowing – Loans, overdrafts, credits cards, financing
4. Buying – What to look for, consumer protection, using credit
5. The Money Market
6. Investing – Property, stocks, bonds, insurance, antiques
7. Risk and Superannuation
8. Reducing Costs
9. Banks – How they can help you
10. Communication – dealing with financial experts, accountants, banks
The following books, available through this web site are relevant supplementary reading for this course
- Project Management
- Starting a Business
- Saving a Business
There are three basic types of assessment. Assessments are more than just a way of giving you a final result though! For us; these assessments are opportunities to revisit things you have studied; interact with our academic staff, and look at things from another perspective. Psychologists know that true learning requires revisiting what you learn. Through these assessments, your learning is strengthened and in doing so, your ability to retain and apply your learning after study is strengthened.
By giving you different types of assessment tasks, the ways in which you encounter information is varied. The three types of assessments are:
1. Self-assessment tests (SAT): These are presented during each lesson and are essentially an on-line quiz. These provide immediate results, so you are able to identify areas that require further work.
2. Assignments: These are undertaken at the end of each lesson and are designed to consolidate the lesson aim and the content.
3. Optional Final Exam: Upon successful completion of all the lessons, you are able to choose to sit a final exam. This can be sat at your convenience. There is an additional cost for this option. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive a formal transcript as proof of your results.
How Long Will You Take?
This course is flexible, allowing you to study at times that suit you. It is designed so that most students will take about 100 hours to complete it. What that looks like, is totally up to you.
Recognition and Ethics
This college is a member of the ACS Affiliates Network. These are Colleges that are located in offices around the world and are affiliated with each other through ACS Distance Education. Courses are developed with input from all the staff at these colleges, reflect internationally accepted standards and needs.
A strict “No Plagiarism” policy exists. Assignments are checked for plagiarism, and if plagiarism is detected, work will not be deemed to have been completed and will be penalised.