Improve Management of any Type of Project
Project managers are in demand – those with the technical, planning, human resources, budgeting, financial management and delegation skills will help you to secure work in this field. Project managers work across industry – almost any type of business needs some form of project management at some stage. Some people working in project management do so as consultants others work within the framework of existing businesses. This course will help you to enhance and develop your project management skills so that your full potential as an employee or consultant can be reached.
This course also has many practical components to give you that hands-on experience that is sought after in business – project management skills are also generic this means that you can apply those skills across a wide range of industries from setting up a business to managing a construction project through to launching a new product.
What the Course Covers
There are nine lessons as follows:
2. Project Identification
3. Project Planning
4. Project Implementation
5. Project Completion & Evaluation
6. Technical Project Management Skills
7. Leadership Skills
8. Common Project Problems -Improving Key Personnel Skills
9. Major Assignment
The following books, available through this web site are relevant supplementary reading for this course
- Project Management
- Working with People
- Occupational Psychology
- Professional Practice for Consultants
There are three basic types of assessment. Assessments are more than just a way of giving you a final result though! For us; these assessments are opportunities to revisit things you have studied; interact with our academic staff, and look at things from another perspective. Psychologists know that true learning requires revisiting what you learn. Through these assessments, your learning is strengthened and in doing so, your ability to retain and apply your learning after study is strengthened.
By giving you different types of assessment tasks, the ways in which you encounter information is varied. The three types of assessments are:
1. Self-assessment tests (SAT): These are presented during each lesson and are essentially an on-line quiz. These provide immediate results, so you are able to identify areas that require further work.
2. Assignments: These are undertaken at the end of each lesson and are designed to consolidate the lesson aim and the content.
3. Optional Final Exam: Upon successful completion of all the lessons, you are able to choose to sit a final exam. This can be sat at your convenience. There is an additional cost for this option. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive a formal transcript as proof of your results.
How Long Will You Take?
This course is flexible, allowing you to study at times that suit you. It is designed so that most students will take about 100 hours to complete it. What that looks like, is totally up to you.
Recognition and Ethics
This college is a member of the ACS Affiliates Network. These are Colleges that are located in offices around the world and are affiliated with each other through ACS Distance Education. Courses are developed with input from all the staff at these colleges, reflect internationally accepted standards and needs.
A strict “No Plagiarism” policy exists. Assignments are checked for plagiarism, and if plagiarism is detected, work will not be deemed to have been completed and will be penalised.
Gives you the diverse skills needed to effectively manage projects whether large or small, for business, private or public functions. Lots of practyical hands-on tasks in this course allows you to apply the skills you learn