Learn how to Improve your Management of Sales
Develop the ability to plan and implement an effective sales strategy. This course differs from sales skills which focuses on skills used by the sales person and not the sales manager. This course deals only with the sales side of marketing.
What the Course Covers
There are nine lessons:
- Developing Sales Concepts
- Developing Sales Relationships
- Sales Ethics
- Building Product Knowledge
- Developing a Customer Strategy
- Presentation Strategy Options
- Closing a Sale
- Managing Yourself
- Managing a Sales Team
The following books, available through this web site are relevant supplementary reading for this course
- Marketing Psychology
- Modern Marketing
There are three basic types of assessment. Assessments are more than just a way of giving you a final result though! For us; these assessments are opportunities to revisit things you have studied; interact with our academic staff, and look at things from another perspective. Psychologists know that true learning requires revisiting what you learn. Through these assessments, your learning is strengthened and in doing so, your ability to retain and apply your learning after study is strengthened.
By giving you different types of assessment tasks, the ways in which you encounter information is varied. The three types of assessments are:
1. Self-assessment tests (SAT): These are presented during each lesson and are essentially an on-line quiz. These provide immediate results, so you are able to identify areas that require further work.
2. Assignments: These are undertaken at the end of each lesson and are designed to consolidate the lesson aim and the content.
3. Optional Final Exam: Upon successful completion of all the lessons, you are able to choose to sit a final exam. This can be sat at your convenience. There is an additional cost for this option. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive a formal transcript as proof of your results.
How Long Will You Take?
This course is flexible, allowing you to study at times that suit you. It is designed so that most students will take about 100 hours to complete it. What that looks like, is totally up to you.
Recognition and Ethics
This college is a member of the ACS Affiliates Network. These are Colleges that are located in offices around the world and are affiliated with each other through ACS Distance Education. Courses are developed with input from all the staff at these colleges, reflect internationally accepted standards and needs.
A strict “No Plagiarism” policy exists. Assignments are checked for plagiarism, and if plagiarism is detected, work will not be deemed to have been completed and will be penalised.
What This Course Could Do For You?
This course gives you the opportunity to move from general sales into a management position – mangers require a range of skills outside of those learned as a sales-person. The sound content of this course will help you in that next step in your career.