Avoid Problems when starting a New Business
If you want to start a new business but lack the confidence you need to forge ahead then this course would suit you. Covering all aspects of the requirements of small business from types of businesses, business opportunities and how to develop them, through to business planning, budgeting sales and how to gain better profits.
What this Course Covers
- Introduction to Small Business -Types of business and communication, types of language, office equipment.
- The Business World –
Consultancy services, law and business, the landscape industry, business letters, communication systems.
- Your alternatives – different types of ventures -Buying and starting a business.
- Marketing – What is involved in marketing, advertising, selling, communication.
- Planning – Organising and planning to ensure the success of the business.
- Basic Bookkeeping – Financial statements, balance sheet, profit and loss statement,insurance.
- Sales Methods – Selling, sales method, telephone canvassing.
- Budgeting – Assets and liabilities.
- Developing a 12 month business plan – Protection, planning and production.
- Implementing a business plan – Communication with employees, planning the development of the business.
- Reviewing progress in a new business – Research, evaluate and decide on business plan updates.
- Improving profitability – Increase profit and reduce expenditure.
The following books, available through this web site are relevant supplementary reading for this course
- Starting a Business
- Saving a Business
- Business Operations
There are three basic types of assessment. Assessments are more than just a way of giving you a final result though! For us; these assessments are opportunities to revisit things you have studied; interact with our academic staff, and look at things from another perspective. Psychologists know that true learning requires revisiting what you learn. Through these assessments, your learning is strengthened and in doing so, your ability to retain and apply your learning after study is strengthened.
By giving you different types of assessment tasks, the ways in which you encounter information is varied. The three types of assessments are:
1. Self-assessment tests (SAT): These are presented during each lesson and are essentially an on-line quiz. These provide immediate results, so you are able to identify areas that require further work.
2. Assignments: These are undertaken at the end of each lesson and are designed to consolidate the lesson aim and the content.
3. Optional Final Exam: Upon successful completion of all the lessons, you are able to choose to sit a final exam. This can be sat at your convenience. There is an additional cost for this option. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive a formal transcript as proof of your results.
How Long Will You Take?
This course is flexible, allowing you to study at times that suit you. It is designed so that most students will take about 100 hours to complete it. What that looks like, is totally up to you.
Recognition and Ethics
This college is a member of the ACS Affiliates Network. These are Colleges that are located in offices around the world and are affiliated with each other through ACS Distance Education. Courses are developed with input from all the staff at these colleges, reflect internationally accepted standards and needs.
A strict “No Plagiarism” policy exists. Assignments are checked for plagiarism, and if plagiarism is detected, work will not be deemed to have been completed and will be penalised.
What Could This Course Do For You?
It will broaden your business skills – from marketing and selling through to bookkeeping and writing a business plan -and a lot more. A great course for anyone setting up a small business or thinking of it.